Updated March 27th, 2014
Steelhead Season Opens March 29th, 2014
Trout season opens March 29th. Tributaries north of highway 2 are opening this Saturday, March 29th, 2014. Please consult the trout regulations for specific areas open.
The Hayward Bass club will hold their annual planning meeting on April 2nd at 7pm at the Hayward Rod and Gun Club on Highway B. The second planning meeting is scheduled for April 23rd 7pm at the Rod and Gun club. If you are interested in fishing the Hayward Bass league, please feel free to attend. Come join in on the fun this summer. Annual membership is only $30. The Bass League outings are every other Wednesday throughout the summer. There are two divisions to accommodate anyone’s schedule.
Right now is the best pan fishing of the year up through ice out. The weather is warming up and take advantage of this great time of the year.
Time to start thinking about the fishing opener. Check your gear, lube your reels, replace old line, and renew your license and you will be ahead of the pack on opening day! Fight your fish, not your gear!
Annual fishing licenses expires March 31st, 2014. Remember to renew your fishing license. New 2014 licenses are available for purchase now.
Fishing opener is May 3rd this year.
Treeland's Challenge is scheduled for May 9th, 10th, & 11th. The challenge includes Large Mouth Bass this year as well. Registration forms are available at Hayward Bait & Bottle. For more information, click here. The 27th annual Fishing Has No Boundaries event in Hayward is May 16th, & 17th this year. If you would like to donate or volunteer, please contact the Hayward Chapter.
Highlights of New Regulations for 2014:
- There is no longer a northern region for Large Mouth Bass and the season opens on May 3rd. There is still a northern region for Smallmouth Bass and Smallmouth season opens June 21st.
- The northern Musky Fishing Season opens May 24th.
- Free Fishing Weekend is June 7 & 8th this year!
- Wisconsin Residents Veterans: Resident Veterans recently returning Wisconsin resident veterans may receive a one-time free annual fishing license. Veterans who wish to receive a free license must first contact the Wisconsin Department of Veterans Affairs to determine their eligibility for this program.
- Spring Youth Turkey hunt is April 12th & 13th.
- Regular Turkey season starts April 16th.
Most lakes have 20" to 30" of solid ice. Travel is difficult, but getting better every day. Snowmobile or ATV travel recommended.
Our staff is ready to help you with all your outdoor needs. The bottle shoppe is stocked for your outdoor outting or your special event. Call Bobby, Jim, Dennis, or Steve at the Store for the Current Fishing Conditions. 715-634-2921
The Staff at Hayward Bait & Bottle Shoppe wish you the best on your fishing or hunting outting.
Bob, Terry, Jim, Dennis, Steve